The North Coast Health Connect Webchat service (Service) is funded by Healthy North Coast through the North Coast PHN Program and delivered by Amplar Health a business of Medibank Health Solutions Pty Limited (ABN 99 078 934 791), via Medibank Health Solutions Telehealth Pty Ltd (ABN 40 069 396 792). This Service is available to individuals from the Healthy North Coast catchment area.
The Service allows individuals based in the Healthy North Coast catchment area to access an Amplar Health nurse via webchat accessed through the Healthy North Coast webpage. The Service is available 24/7.
The following terms apply to you when you use the Service.
1. Information is of a general nature only
The information provided during your interaction(s) with the online Service is for sole purpose of preliminary triage and health navigation only and any advice given is subject to the inherent limitations of the scope and online nature of the Service. Subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in consumer protection legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law), Amplar Health does not give any express or implied warranties and makes no representations in relation to the online Service. Information obtained from the online Services should not be used without validating the information with appropriate sources including obtaining further professional and/or medical advice where it is prudent to do so.
Subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in consumer protection legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law), and while all care is taken to ensure a virus free and private environment, Amplar Health does not warrant that the online Service is free from any computer viruses or other defects.
3. Limitation of liability
4. Access and communication
Amplar Health does not warrant that you will have continuous access to the online Service. Amplar Health will not be liable in the event that the online Service is unavailable to you due to computer downtime attributable to malfunctions, upgrades, preventative or remedial maintenance activities on the North Coast Health Connect website or interruption in telecommunications supply. Please remember that if the online Service is unavailable, you may access the phone support service by calling North Coast Health Connect phone line on 1800 198 888.
6. Communication Technology & Third Party Providers
Amplar Health does not guarantee the delivery of communications over the internet as such communications rely on third party service providers. Electronic communication (including electronic mail) is vulnerable to interception by third parties and Amplar Health does not guarantee the security or confidentiality of these communications or the security of the online Services. Amplar Health does not provide, and has no control over, communication, networks or services, the internet or other technology used or required to access the online Service and accept no responsibility for any direct or indirect loss in any form associated with them, whether due to congestion, technical malfunction, viruses or otherwise.
If your web browser is set up to accept cookies, a cookie will be stored on your system when you visit the online Service. Cookies allow Amplar Health to distinguish unique visitors and control the flow of pages within the site. Your activity on this site will be logged, which will include the IP address of your system (a unique number assigned to your computer system or location when you connect via an Internet Service Provider). If you would rather not have this information stored on your computer, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to properly use the online Service.
8. Intellectual property
All intellectual property rights, including copyright and patents, in the online Service, and all components in these services are owned by or licensed to Amplar Health. You must not copy, modify or transmit any part of the online Service.
9. Prohibited uses
In using the online Service you must not:
- defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity;
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate (including any material that infringes intellectual property rights);
- use any automated scripting tools or software;
- engage in any commercial activity including marketing, advertising or commercial promotion of goods or services, data mine or use robots or other data collection methods;
- impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation; • send unsolicited emails or spam;
- post, link to, distribute or transmit any information, material or item which contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation; or
- breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this Service in your jurisdiction.
11. Jurisdiction and law
13. Changes to the online support Service
14. Contacting Amplar Health